I was always concerned about promoting my blog posts using Twitter. I used Twitterfeed, Ping.fm and other services but no service gave me the thing I always wanted. What I was looking for, a service which can randomly pick a post from my blog and tweet it. It is better in the way that your old blog posts also get rejuvenated.
In case of Twitterfeed and Ping.fm you can set them to tweet the new posts you are writing, so as soon as you write a new post it will get published to Twitter. But there is no way you can automate the tweeting of your old posts.
Posts that may interest you -
With Tweet Old Post plugin for WordPress, you can not only tweet old blog posts, but with hell lot of features, like -
1) Tweet prefix – You can set a prefix which will be appended to each tweet.
2) URL Shortener service – Like tinyurl, bit.ly, is.gd, su.pr and lot others
3) Whether to include post content as part of tweet or not.
4) Hash tag for tweets.
5) Minimum interval between tweets.
6) Categories to omit from tweets, and other.
The man behind this awesome plugin is Ajay Matharu
To install the plugin, click here.
To get more information about the plugin, click here.